What is the Competition?
The CCC 2022 Open photography competition is our way of trying to encourage and foster the hobby of photography. We hope that people of Three Rivers and surrounding areas will get to enjoy and improve their photography – and who knows – you might even like to join our club! The best photograph will win a prize!
You may be an absolute beginner or be quite experienced, but there is nothing like practicing your hobby with like minded individuals and learning and progressing together. It does not matter whether you use the latest digital camera, or a small compact, or a phone; you can still take good photographs, and we can all take better photographs.
All you need to do is to send us one or two photographs that you like!
Who can enter?
You need to be over 16 and live in Three Rivers or surrounding areas. You must have taken the photographs you submit yourself.
How do I enter?
You need to send us one or two photographs as jpg files. All cameras will provide you with these files, as will any computer system you might use. The photographs must be all your own work.
The file is ideally a maximum of 1400×1050 pixels in size. If you have difficulty resizing your photo try this link for help
Please name the file YOURNAME TITLE 2022.jpg
The photo files should be attached to an email with the following information:
- Phone contact
- Email address
- Are you already a member of a camera club? If yes, which one?
- Are you aged under 25?
- Are you over 16?
- Title of image
- Is this image all your own work?
Send the email to External22@CroxleyCameraClub.com
The closing date for submissions is 31 March 2022
What happens next?
When the competition closes, we will look at all the images, and decide which are, in our opinion, the best. We will invite you to a meeting at our club, where the images will be shown, and awards made to the best. If the response to the competition is very large, we may have to limit the number of people we invite to the meeting. If you have further questions, please send an email to External22@croxleycameraclub.com and we will endeavour to respond.
- The competition will be called ‘Croxley Camera Club Open Competition’
- The competition will be overseen by the committee of CCC.
- The competition will be open to any age (over 16) resident in Three Rivers or adjacent areas.
- Up to 2 images may be submitted per person.
- Members of CCC may not submit images.
- Submitted images must exclusively be the work of, and owned by, the submitting author.
- CCC retain the right to use any submitted image for its own use. This use will be limited to use where there is no direct financial gain to CCC. Full ownership of copyright of the image remains with the author.
- The digital image (preferably 1400x 1050 but all sizes will be acceptable) is to be submitted by email to , with the following details:
Are you already a member of a camera club? If yes, which one?
Are you aged under 25?
Are you over 16?
Title of image
Confirmation that your image(s) are your own work
- The closing date for the competition will be 31 March 2022.
- The images can be of any photographic genre, but must be in good taste. CCC may provide a set subject if desired in other years.
- Within one month of the closing date, the club (by subcommittee initially) will review the images and decide on winners. If there are a large number of entries, there may be sub-competitions eg based on age, photographic genre etc.
- There will be a club meeting soon after the image review, to which competitors will be invited (in case of too many competitors, this may be restricted by the club to those submitting the better images). At this meeting, some or all submitted images will be shown.
- A prize will be presented (non-returnable trophy) and certificate together with a one year free club membership.
- Trophies or certificates to be presented to runners-up.
- The competition may be repeated at intervals to be determined by CCC.